In 2003, Stephanie Gurnon, an influential dance instructor promoting New York-style mambo and Afro-Cuban roots in the Toronto salsa scene, co-created the Mambo Tribe Salsa Dance Co. and the popular Sunday Salsa Social.
In 2006 she went solo and formed what is now Go Dance Mambo. After 6 years of growing a successful dance school, presenting workshops and festivals, and running the Social, she was finding it difficult to keep up with the administrative tasks required to run and promote a thriving business on her own. It was time to get some help.
springforward did this…
- created & managed student database
- streamlined student registration process
- co-developed student training aids
- designed marketing materials
…for Go Dance Mambo
- more time for Stephanie to teach and travel
- clarity & continuity of communication materials
- increase in public awareness of GDM services
- GDM branded space in a multi-use studio (in progress)
“It has been refreshing to have springforward sort out my administrative messes! Iona’s sharp mind and detailed oriented approach has been very complimentary to my ‘whole picture’ way of thinking. I needed logic, follow up, follow through and I got it. Iona is highly dependable and is able to do any task I ask, whether it be administrative, website, scheduling, graphic design or printing — even teaching dance!”– Stephanie Gurnon Founder, Go Dance Mambo